Wednesday, November 19, 2008

Sense the joy of becoming a Mother


Being a woman is a Gift of God. Every woman should be gifted to become a mother. Nothing can bring more happiness to her in this world than the moment she gives birth to a baby. Every woman under goes lots of mental and physical stress when she is undergoing the period of pregnancy. She equips herself by all means for the new arrival. Whenever you talk about being pregnant all women talk about vomiting, sleepless nights, and delivery pain etc. But apart from that there are some good moments to remember. This is the period when a woman should keep herself happy with good thoughts and deed turning out to be the blissful personality in this universe. I am a 23 year old young lady awaiting my new arrival next month. This is my first issue, and all these 8 months I have sensed several happy moments which I thought is worth putting down in words because I have heard my mother and aunties say “I don’t remember how I felt when I was carrying my child”.
The day I realized and doubted about having conceived I felt I was too young to give birth to a kid. My head was tossing with doubts, confusions, fear and expectations too. It was the happiest moment in my life when my pregnancy was confirmed. I was feeling embarrassed at the same time proud to know that I will be a mother very soon.
Suddenly everything around me became lovable and delightful. My better-half took special care not to pick up any fights or arguments with me. The first four months I never used to remember that I was carrying. At the end of the fifth month I started feeling small pinches here and there. Then I longed to go the clinic to listen to the heart beat of the baby and hear the doctor say “the baby is fine”, I will come back with great sense of contentment.
I realized my tummy is no longer flat as it was before. My slim figure was growing fatter day by day. I enjoyed watching my physical changes in front of the mirror. In the sixth month the baby started kicking. I could feel something hard pushing inside my stomach. I started noticing its movements all day.
In the seventh month the baby started moving inside the stomach. Wow!!!!! This is the most exciting thing any mother would like to feel. I was overwhelmed with joy when I tried to explain the baby’s movements to my husband. Poor thing they can only feel happy for their wives who enjoy carrying a baby. They can never carry one.
It’s my eighth month now and I can feel my tummy has become very heavy. I fear if my baby will have enough space to move inside. Now the baby’s movements are visible, suddenly I find a lump to the right of my stomach and suddenly it moves to the left. It keeps moving all night and I have lost my sleep.
There, one more month to go and then the day will come when I will have my kid in my hands. I am sure every mom would have had this experience. I suggest all future mothers to enjoy their period of pregnancy setting aside the troubles, fear and pains. Write down your feelings and thoughts in your personal dairy. You can refresh your thoughts by reading it in future. Let nice feelings linger throughout our life.

Today my daughter is 2 1/2 yrs old i still relish those moments when i read my words.




3 comments:

  1. 'My better-half took special care not to pick up any fights or arguments with me' hats off to ur hubby ramya. Ur short n sweet descriptions for each n every month was too good. We are really really gifted to be a women...

    ReplyDelete
  2. good one... nice to read this. you have a nice blog with yummy recipes!!

    ReplyDelete