Am blogging after a very looooooooong break... actually dint feel like blogging even though i was trying many new recipes at home. Actually i was watching a show on food network and they showed how to make spicy corn muffin and i was really inspired and wanted to try it... but this one is the regular corn muffin.. i will come back with the spicy version later... so here goes my corn muffin from scratch..
All Purpose flour - 1 cup
Corn Meal/flour - 1/2 cup
Sugar - 3/4 cup
Salt - 1tsp
Baking Powder - 1 tsp
Egg - 1
Butter/Shortening - 1/3 cup
Milk - 3/4 cup
- Preheat Oven to 350 degree F.
- In a mixing bowl bring all the dry ingredients and mix well.
- Beat the egg well then add 1/2 of the milk and blend it with the egg.
- Now bring the butter and mix it with the egg and milk mixture and beat well..
- Pour the wet ingredients to the dry ingredients and blend well without forming any lumps add the rest of the milk as you beat the muffin mixture and mix well.
- Arrange the muffin paper liner in the muffin tray...Now spoon the batter and fill half of the muffin paper cups
- Bake for 15 to 20 mins .. or until toothpick insterted comes out clean...
Enjoy the golden corn muffin... truly delicious...